What You'll Study
- Russian, designated as a strategically important critical language.
- Exploring Russia, the world’s largest nation.
- Investigating valuable natural resources originating from Russia.
- Russia’s historical contributions to culture, arts, sciences, engineering, mathematics, and philosophy.
- United States’ dependency on the Russian Space Agency.
- Acknowledging Russia’s resource focused economic strength.
- Recognizing the advantages of possessing proficiency in Russian.
- Curriculum that includes Russian Linguistics, Russian Cultural Studies, Grammar, Composition, and Verbal Interaction.
Total Credit Hours
Beyond the Classroom
Explore the European Union while completing courses at Daugavpils University in Daugavpils, Latvia. While being immersed in the Russian culture, join excursions to museums, art centers and historical architecture including Dinaburg Fortress, Mark Rothko Art Center, and Rundale Palace. Join us for 4, 6, or 8-week visit.
Credits earned during the program count towards the Russian major or minor.
We offer scholarships to ROTC students that fully cover study abroad for the purpose of learning Russian. The award provides funds for intensive summer language programs in Latvia, including round-trip plane tickets, classes at an overseas institution, lodging, co-curricular activities, and a food allowance.