Our department publishes cutting-edge research and trains students to work with individuals of all ages. We focus on child and adolescent development, adult development and aging, family studies, marriage and family therapy, and disabilities studies.
Department of Human Development
The university’s human development major focuses on child and adolescent development, adult development and aging, disabilities studies, human services, and family studies.
A member of the university community since 1972, Fu made significant contributions to early childhood education through her service on national advisory boards and panels, including those of Head Start, the Public Broadcasting Service, and several professional associations.
Joyce Arditti has made significant contributions in the fields of incarceration, familial systems, and the consequences of parental incarceration on children.
Meier, who played on Virginia Tech's women's soccer team, plans to pursue a master‘s degree in occupational therapy.
Few-Demo is the inaugural alumni award winner of the 2014-2015 Human Development Family Science Alumni Award from the University of Georgia.
The National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) announces that Joyce A. Arditti, Ph.D., has been selected as the editor of NCFR’s forthcoming research briefs and policy briefs...
College Event Calendar
- Oct 21 - Oct 21 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM Costume Design and Theatrical Renderings: Highlights of the 1962-2010 Powell-Parker Collection
- Oct 21 - Oct 21 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM VT Camino Study Abroad
- Oct 21 - Oct 21 1:30 PM - 11:59 PM 109 Surge Lecture: "Making the Unequal Metropolis: School Desegregation and Its Limits"
- Oct 22 - Oct 22 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM Costume Design and Theatrical Renderings: Highlights of the 1962-2010 Powell-Parker Collection
- Oct 22 - Oct 22 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM VT Camino Study Abroad