Our department publishes cutting-edge research and trains students to work with individuals of all ages. We focus on child and adolescent development, adult development and aging, family studies, marriage and family therapy, and disabilities studies.
Department of Human Development
Few-Demo is the inaugural alumni award winner of the 2014-2015 Human Development Family Science Alumni Award from the University of Georgia.
The National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) announces that Joyce A. Arditti, Ph.D., has been selected as the editor of NCFR’s forthcoming research briefs and policy briefs...
Najla Mouchrek is unique on Virginia Tech's campuses.
Mariana Falconier, associate professor and clinical director of Virginia Tech’s Center for Family Services at the Northern Virginia Center in Falls Church, has won a grant totaling $7.2 million...
Anisa Zvonkovic, head of the Department of Human Development at Virginia Tech, has been chosen president-elect of the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR)....
Tom Tillar, vice president for alumni relations for 20 years before announcing plans to step down this fall, and Karen Roberto, a University Distinguished Professor and leader in the field of social gerontology, will deliver the keynote addresses...
College Event Calendar
- Sep 01 - Sep 01 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Women's Center at Virginia Tech Women Influencing the Arts: Bechdel Project
- Sep 01 - Sep 01 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM MAJWM 334 Oviedo Info Meeting
- Sep 06 - Sep 06 7:30 PM - 11:59 PM Moss Arts Center, Anne and Ellen Fife Theatre Autism in Love
- Sep 07 - Sep 07 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM MAJWM Atrium Arabic Coffee Hour
- Sep 09 - Sep 09 2:30 PM - 11:59 PM 330 Lavery Hall "The Great New Orleans Kidnapping Case of 1870 and the Fate of Reconstruction"