Our department publishes cutting-edge research and trains students to work with individuals of all ages. We focus on child and adolescent development, adult development and aging, family studies, marriage and family therapy, and disabilities studies.
Department of Human Development
Few-Demo is the inaugural alumni award winner of the 2014-2015 Human Development Family Science Alumni Award from the University of Georgia.
The National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) announces that Joyce A. Arditti, Ph.D., has been selected as the editor of NCFR’s forthcoming research briefs and policy briefs...
Najla Mouchrek is unique on Virginia Tech's campuses.
Mariana Falconier, associate professor and clinical director of Virginia Tech’s Center for Family Services at the Northern Virginia Center in Falls Church, has won a grant totaling $7.2 million...
Anisa Zvonkovic, head of the Department of Human Development at Virginia Tech, has been chosen president-elect of the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR)....
Tom Tillar, vice president for alumni relations for 20 years before announcing plans to step down this fall, and Karen Roberto, a University Distinguished Professor and leader in the field of social gerontology, will deliver the keynote addresses...
College Event Calendar
- Jun 24 - Jun 24 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM Henderson Lawn Friday Night Out Concert
- Jul 01 - Jul 01 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM Henderson Lawn Friday Night Out Concert
- Jul 08 - Jul 08 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM Henderson Lawn Friday Night Out Concert
- Jul 09 - Jul 09 3:00 PM - 11:59 PM Lyric Theatre Classic Movies at the Lyric
- Jul 11 - Jul 11 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM Philosophy & Physical Computing: A Graduate Summer Workshop