Our department publishes cutting-edge research and trains students to work with individuals of all ages. We focus on child and adolescent development, adult development and aging, family studies, marriage and family therapy, and disabilities studies.
Department of Human Development
The university’s human development major focuses on child and adolescent development, adult development and aging, disabilities studies, human services, and family studies.
A member of the university community since 1972, Fu made significant contributions to early childhood education through her service on national advisory boards and panels, including those of Head Start, the Public Broadcasting Service, and several professional associations.
Joyce Arditti has made significant contributions in the fields of incarceration, familial systems, and the consequences of parental incarceration on children.
Meier, who played on Virginia Tech's women's soccer team, plans to pursue a master‘s degree in occupational therapy.
Few-Demo is the inaugural alumni award winner of the 2014-2015 Human Development Family Science Alumni Award from the University of Georgia.
The National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) announces that Joyce A. Arditti, Ph.D., has been selected as the editor of NCFR’s forthcoming research briefs and policy briefs...
College Event Calendar
- Sep 28 - Sep 28 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM "Design Meets Disability"
- Sep 28 - Sep 28 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Engel Hall, Room 223 PPE Speaker Series: Gwen Bradford
- Sep 28 - Sep 28 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM MAJWM 434 Information Session: VT Arabic Abroad, Oman
- Sep 28 - Sep 28 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM Squires Studio Theatre 'Clybourne Park' by Bruce Norris
- Sep 29 - Sep 29 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM "Design Meets Disability"