Our department publishes cutting-edge research and trains students to work with individuals of all ages. We focus on child and adolescent development, adult development and aging, family studies, marriage and family therapy, and disabilities studies.
Department of Human Development
Few-Demo is the inaugural alumni award winner of the 2014-2015 Human Development Family Science Alumni Award from the University of Georgia.
The National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) announces that Joyce A. Arditti, Ph.D., has been selected as the editor of NCFR’s forthcoming research briefs and policy briefs...
Najla Mouchrek is unique on Virginia Tech's campuses.
Mariana Falconier, associate professor and clinical director of Virginia Tech’s Center for Family Services at the Northern Virginia Center in Falls Church, has won a grant totaling $7.2 million...
Anisa Zvonkovic, head of the Department of Human Development at Virginia Tech, has been chosen president-elect of the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR)....
Tom Tillar, vice president for alumni relations for 20 years before announcing plans to step down this fall, and Karen Roberto, a University Distinguished Professor and leader in the field of social gerontology, will deliver the keynote addresses...
College Event Calendar
- Aug 24 - Aug 24 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM Auditions: New River Valley Symphony Orchestra and Wind Ensemble
- Aug 24 - Aug 24 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM Major Williams 334 German Program Informational Meeting
- Aug 26 - Aug 26 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Major Williams atrium (2nd floor) Kaffeeklatsch
- Sep 01 - Sep 01 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Women's Center at Virginia Tech Women Influencing the Arts: Bechdel Project
- Sep 06 - Sep 06 7:30 PM - 11:59 PM Moss Arts Center, Anne and Ellen Fife Theatre Autism in Love