Frequently Asked Questions
You may submit request by clicking on the “Web Support Request Form” button on Marketing and Communications Services home page.
Web Support Request Form Requires following Information
1. Department: Chose appropriate department from the list. For example “Web Services English” or “Web Services History”.
2. Summary: Make sure to use short summary of your request. For example “Broken Links on International Studies Major page”.
3. Description: Describe in details about the request.
4. Attach file: You may need to attach files with request. For example, adding faculty to directory list, you will be required to submit bio faculty template.
5. Priority: Your request can be critical, urgent, major, or normal.
6. Name: Please provide the name of the person to be notified of the results/feedback.
7. VT Email: We highly recommend to use your VirginiaTech email.
If it is critical or urgent request, it can take few hours to one day to complete. However, if it is major or normal it depends on how many requests we have in queue.
You will receive email notification if someone is working on your request or in some cases you will receive only notification when the request is fixed and complete.
Please follow some suggested examples
Critical examples: broken links, redirects, dates, Apply buttons, Download buttons.
Urgent examples: updating material for upcoming events (only within next couple of days).
Major examples: creating Department home page, creating new Major page, adding new faculty, updating faculty profile etc.
Normal examples: adding or replacing existing photos, layout, adding links on students organization page, making page more robust, good user experience etc.
Here is our advised priority list
1. Critical and urgent requests.
2. Migration of old websites to new College website which are major issues.
3. Normal requests.
Please submit your suggestions by clicking on the “Web Support Request Form” button on Marketing and Communications's home page. You are very welcome to submit any feedback on our college website. We will try our best to accommodate all of your requests however, your suggestions would be evaluated by web working group and will be forwarded to web policy board for further actions.