School of Performing Arts
290 College Ave.
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-5794 | email@example.com
Chad R. Reep is the assistant director of Athletic Bands. He works with The Marching Virginians, the Men's Basketball Pep Band, the Symphony and Campus Bands, and first year Sight Singing classes. Prior to his appointment to Virginia Tech, Reep spent six years as assistant director of Athletic Bands at James Madison University. While at JMU he assisted with all aspects of the Marching Royal Dukes, directed the JMU Pep Band, and directed the JMU Concert Band. Mr. Reep revamped the JMU Pep Band, creating one of the best bands in college basketball and increasing its membership to over 250. He earned his Master of Music in Wind Conducting degree at James Madison University, where he was a Graduate Assistant for the band program. Prior to his time at JMU, he earned his Bachelor of Music Education degree at the University of Montana, located in his hometown of Missoula, and was hired as Director of Bands at Big Sky High School in the same city. Reep spent three years at BSHS before departing to Virginia for graduate work.
- M.M., James Madison University
- B.M.E., University of Montana-Missoula
- Member of Pi Kappa Lambda
- Honorary member of Tau Beta Sigma
- Member of the Virginia Music Education Association
- Member of the Virginia Band & Orchestra Directors Association
- Member of the Collegiate Band Directors National Association
- Member of the College Music Society
- Member of the National Association for Music Education
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News