School of Education
Public Safety Bldg,
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-7390 | firstname.lastname@example.org
William Price is an Associate Professor in the Department of Education.
- Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Career and Technical Teacher Education
- Marketing Education
- Technical Vocational Education and Training (In developing countries)
- Curriculum Development in CTE
- CTE Program Management
- Ph.D. University of Nebraska-Lincoin
- M.S. Virginia Tech
- B.S. Virginia Tech
- A.A. Bluefield College
- Virginia Tech representative on the National University Council for Workforce and Human Resource Education, 2007 - Present.
- MOU between Virginia Tech and the Zambian Ministry of Science, Technology, and Vocational Training. University of Zambia. Focus: To develop a degree infrastructure (bachelors, masters, and doctoral degree teacher education programs in Zambia, 2010 – Present.
- MOU between Virginia Tech and Victoria Falls University of Technology in Livingston, Zambia Focus: To enhance human capacity building among the university’s faculty members, 2014 – Present.
- Virginia Tech team member (pedagogy expert) in the USAID project – Catalyzing Afghan Agricultural Innovation, 2018 – 2022.
- Lead Virginia Tech Faculty Member Host, First Zambian Ministry of Science, Technology, and Vocational Training Delegation visiting, Virginia Tech, January 2008
- Lead Virginia Tech Faculty Member Host, Second Zambian Ministry of Science, Technology, and Vocational Training Delegation visiting, Virginia Tech, April 2008
Mukuni, J. & Price, B. (2016). Identifying connections between career and technical education (CTE) and academic programs through standards of learning. International Journal of Vocational and Technical Education Vol. 8(4), pp. 25-34, June 2016 DOI: 10.5897/IJVTE2016.0195
Mukuni, J., & Price, B. (2014). Implementation challenges of a donor funded development project: Lessons learned through a deep-end strategy while implementing a development program in Zambia. Journal of African Studies and Development, Vol. 6(1) pp. 1-7, January 2014. DOI
Mukuni, J., & Price, B. (2013). Portability of technical skills across occupations: A case for demolition of disciplinary silos? International Journal of Vocational and Technical Education, 5(2), 21-28.
- The Development of a Degree Infrastructure (BS, MS, and Ph.D.) in Zambia for Vocational and Technical Teacher Education, Zambian MSTVT and Virginia Tech MSTVT - financing Ph.D. students Virginia Tech - financing travel and salary for Virginia Tech faculty, Amount: $475,000.00 2009
- Perceptions of Administrators and Lecturers in Zambian TEVET Institutions Concerning the Development of a Degree Infrastructure for Vocational Teacher Education Programs in Zambia, Virginia Tech and Zambian Ministry of Science, Technology and Vocational Training, Amount: $15,000.00, 2008
- The Feasibility of Integrating Vocational Training Programs in Malawi Public Schools, Virginia Tech School of Education – Department of Teaching and Learning, Office of Research and Development, Office for International Development Virginia Tech, Office for International Research and Education Development Deans Office – College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, Amount: $10,000.00, 2007
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News