School of Education
Public Safety Bldg,
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-2727 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Takumi Sato is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the School of Education.
- Ph.D. Michigan State University
- B.A. Washington University
- At-large Member, Commission on Equal Opportunity and Diversity, Virginia Tech, September 2015 – current.
- Reviewer, VT Engage Program Review Committee, October 2015 – May 2016. Reviewer, Journal of Research in Science Teaching, June 2014 – current.
- Committee Member, College of Liberal Arts and Human Services Library Committee, Virginia Tech, August 2013 – August 2016.
- Committee Member, School of Education Ad hoc Dispositions Committee, Virginia Tech, March 2014 – September 2014.
- Volunteer of the Year Award, Boys & Girls Club of Southwest Virginia, 2014.
- College of Education Dissertation Completion Fellowship, Michigan State University, May 2013.
- Volunteer of the Year Award, Boys & Girls Club of Lansing (MI), 2012.
- College of Education Urban Education Retention Fellowship in Urban Education, Michigan State University, December 2011.
- Sandra K. Abell Institute for Doctoral Students, National Association for Research in Science Teaching, Colorado Springs, CO, July 2011.
- Sato, T. (2015). [Review of the book Deep Knowledge: Learning to Teach Science for Understanding and Equity, by D.B. Larkin]. Science Education, 99(3), 611-613.
- Calabrese Barton, A., Birmingham, D., Sato, T., Tan, E. & Calabrese Barton, S. (Fall 2013). Youth as community science experts in green energy technologies. Afterschool Matters.
- Actualizing STEM Potential in the Mississippi Delta, Co-Principal Investigator with Dr. Brenda Brand, National Science Foundation, DRL #1511792, $1.6 million, July 2015-June 2019.
- Design & Develop Award, $8694.50 (to Department for course release) from TLOS, Virginia Tech, October 2014.
- Engagement Faculty Fellows, $6,500 from VT Engage, Virginia Tech, May 2014.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News