Gabriel R. Serna
School of Education
1750 Kraft Dr., Room 2016
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-5872 | email@example.com
Gabriel R. Serna is an Associate Professor in the School of Education.
- Ed.D. Indiana University
- M.Ed. Western Kentucky State College
- B.S. Western Kentucky State College
- PhD, University of Florida (Political Science), 2015
- MA, Florida International University (International Relations), 2009
- B.A., Florida International University (Philosophy), 2006
- Professor, Educational Leadership & Policy Studies, 2010- Present.
- Department Unit Chair and Professor, Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, 2005 - 2010. Facilitates day-to-day operations of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, evaluate faculty, recommend merit salary adjustments.
- Department Chair and Professor, Department of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies, 1995 - 2005.
- Outstanding Article of the Year Award, Journal of Education Finance (2014)
- Distinguished Research and Practice Fellow, National Education Finance Conference (2015)
"Higher Education, Fiscal Administration, & Budgeting: An Applied Approach". Rowman & Littlefield, August 2016
"Do Tax Revolt Provisions Influence Tuition and Fee Levels? Evidence from the States Using Recent Panel Data". Journal of Education Finance, 41(1), 2015
"Insiders/Outsiders? Market Signaling and Student Identity in College Choice". Strategic Enrollment Management Quarterly, 3(3), 2015
"Access or Barrier? Tuition and Fee Legislation for Undocumented Students Across the States". The Clearing House, 87(3), 2014 (with David, H.K Nguyen)
"Higher Education Expenditures and State Balanced Budget Requirements: Is there a Relationship?" Journal of Education Finance, 39(3), 2014 (with Gretchen Harris)
- The Federal Role in Financing 21st Century Higher Education, Miller Center at the University of Virginia, and the National Commission on Financing 21st Century Higher Education with support from the Lumina Foundation
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News