- Curriculum and Instruction
- ID Practices for Distance Learning
- Instructional Technology for ID
- Instructional Multimedia Applications
- Co-Chair for the Motivational and Affective aspects in Technology-enhanced learning track of the International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT)
- Ph.D. Virginia Tech
- MS, Wilkes University
- BA, Mary Washington College
- Johnson, A. & Lockee, B. (2018). Self-efficacy research in online learning. In C. Hodges (Ed.). Self-efficacy in instructional technology contexts. New York, NY: Springer.
- Johnson, A. (2018). Self-efficacy and future goals [Review of the book Self-efficacy and future goals, by Barbara Green] Teachers College Record, Aug. 15, 2018. http://www.tcrecord.org ID Number:22473.
- Johnson, A. & Nino, M. (work-in-progress). Aligning authentic assessment with long-term transfer goals: Instructional design student perceptions.
- Johnson, A. & Robinson, M. (work-in-progress). Reaching southwest virginia’s gifted and talented students through asynchronous courses: Lessons learned.
- Johnson, A. (work-in-progress). Using blogs for student reflection and instructor formative assessment in asynchronous dual-enrollment courses
- Student showcase (EDIT 5624) of their final interactive design prototypes. Wed., May 2, 2018, Technology Classroom 234, War Memorial Hall.
- Student showcase (EDIT 6134) of their final “ePortfolio Toolkit” online course. Mon., Dec. 3, 2018, Newman Library room 207. This event was also mentioned in VT News which highlighted the course project and one of my IDT students.