Both NROTC and Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets offer outstanding scholarship opportunities. A NROTC scholarship can cover up to full tuition and fees, uniforms, books, and an additional monthly allowance.
Two and Three-Year Eligibility Requirements
Same basic requirements as the National scholarship with the following additional requirements;
- Must have at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) but no more than 120 semester hours (203 quarter hours).
- Must have a minimum college GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Must be admitted to or in process of gaining admittance to school affiliated with the NROTC Unit from which they are being nominated.
Navy or Nurse Option Two and Three-Year Scholarship Application Process
You must apply via the NROTC unit of the university you wish to attend.
You must conduct an NROTC Applicant Fitness Assessment (AFA) and provide your scores to the NROTC Unit from which they are seeking a nomination in order for their application to be considered complete and forwarded for consideration by the selection board.
See the following links for details of how to conduct the AFA:
To apply you must complete the application below, obtain the required documents and submit your application to the Professor of Naval Science and the university you wish to attend.
Contents of application:
- Application Letter (see sample)
- Signed and dated Personnel Data Record
- Applicant Fitness Assessment Score Sheet
- Current copy of college transcripts
- Letter of admission
- Degree Plan
- Statement of Understanding
- Drug Statement
- Debarment statement
- Letters of reference (if you wish)
- 2 or 3 Year Scholarship - Applicant Personal Data Record
- Your application must be received by the NROTC Unit no later than 31 May.
- The Professor of Naval Science will review and may forward you application to the scholarship selection board.
- The Selection board meets at the end of July.
- You will receive a letter notifying you of the results of the selection board.
Marine Option Two and Three-Year Scholarship Application Process
Applicants must contact the Marine Office Instructor at the NROTC Unit they are planning on attending for details on the application process.
Two and Three-Year Scholarship Supplemental Forms
NROTC Program Applicant Personal Data Record
NSTC 1533-112 (06-14) Statement of Understanding for NROTC Applications
NSTC 1533-129 (06-14) Statement of Understanding for NROTC Nurse Applications
NSTC 1533-102 (06-14) Debarment & Suspension
NSTC 1533-101 (06-14) Drug Statement for Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps
Marine Option SOU
- Applicants selected from students already attending or accepted by colleges with NROTC programs
- Provides uniforms and Naval Science textbooks.
- College Program students selected for "advanced standing" receive a stipend for maximum of 20 months. Advance standing is only available starting the junior year of college. Stipend per academic month is $350 junior year and $400 senior year.
- Students will complete naval science and other university courses, a few specific university courses, and attend one summer training session
- Normally at sea for Navy midshipmen
- Normally at Quantico, VA for Marine Corps midshipmen
- On graduation, two- and four-year College Program midshipmen may be commissioned ensigns in the Naval Service or second lieutenants in the Marine Corps
Navy Option Only
Marine Option Only
The Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets can offer many scholarships to its cadets. Scholarships from the Corps do not require a military commitment.
For in-state cadets that are awarded this scholarship, the Emerging Leader Scholarship provides $8,000 over the four years of college. Out-of-State cadets awarded the Emerging Leader Scholarship receive $12,000 over four years.
Up to 60 cadets can be selected to receive $1,000 during the first year ($500 each semester) in the Highty-Tighty Regimental Band, subject to continuing in good standing in the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets and the Regimental Band.
Once you complete your freshmen year as a cadet, you are eligible to compete for additional scholarships through the generous gifts of Corps Alumni. These rewards range from $1,000-$3,000 annually.
-Download and fill out an application.
-Consult the Commander Recommendation instructions.
-Download the application to your computer (do not fill it out in your browser), complete it and send it with a letter of recommendation from your ROTC commander (use the provided form), a letter of recommendation from a language instructor and an unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put "ProjectGo2017_YourName_Language" in the subject line of your email.
We also ask that you bring or send a hard copy of your application to:
331 Major Williams Hall, 220 Stanger St. Blacksburg, Virginia 24060
Application deadline is January 17, 2017
For more information, please contact: Rhonda Pennington, Project GO Coordinator at email@example.com
For more information about Naval ROTC scholarships, check the links above. If you still can't find the answers you're looking for, email us your questions, along with your full name, mailing address, and phone number so we can send you additional information.