Andrea N. Baldwin
Andrea Baldwin is an assistant professor in the Department of Sociology.
- Black Feminism, Black Feminist Pedagogy
- Caribbean Feminism
- Transnational Feminism
- PhD in Gender and Development Studies, Nita Barrow Unit Institute for Gender and Development Studies, University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Barbados
- MSc in International Trade Policy, University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Barbados
- Bachelors of Law (LLB), University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Barbados
- Legal Education Certificate (LEC) Hugh Wooding Law School, St. Augustine Trinidad
- NWSA WOC Leadership Project
- Sociology Community Conversations Committee
- Steering Committee Ujima LLC
- Barbados Bar Association
- Connecticut College Student Government Association John S. King Excellence in Teaching Award 2018
- Brown University fellow 2010
Baldwin, Andrea. The Business of Agriculture in the Caribbean: Past, Present and Future. Institute for Caribbean Studies, 2014.
Baldwin, Andrea Natasha and Mortley, Natasha K. "Reassessing Caribbean Migration: Love, Power and (Re)Building in the Diaspora." Journal of International Women Studies, vol. 17, no. 3, 2016, pp. 164–176. http://vc.bridgew.edu/jiws/vol17/iss3/14/
Baldwin, Andrea. (2013). "Feminist Aliens, Memoirs from the Margins: A Caribbean 'Feminist's' Experience in Western Feminism." Theoretical Practice, vol. 10, no. 4, 2013, pp. 17–40. http://numery.praktykateoretyczna.pl/PT_nr10_2013_Epistemologie_feministyczne/PT10_2013_Epistemologie_feministyczne.pdf
Baldwin, Andrea. "Moving Forward and Looking Back: Transnational Feminist Spaces - Margins, Methods and Modalities." Outside In: Voices from the Margins of Academe, edited by Barbara Baker and Joyce de Vries.
Baldwin, Andrea and Marva Cossy. "Troubling Our Intersections: A Caribbean Feminist Methodology as Resistance Approach." Practices of Resistance in the Caribbean: Narratives, Aesthetics and Politics (InterAmerican Research: Contact, Communication, Conflict), edited by Wiebke Beushausen, Miriam Brandel, Joseph Farquharson, Marius Littschwager, Annika McPherson, and Julia Roth, Routledge, 2018, pp. 194-214.
Baldwin, Andrea and Raven Johnson. "Black Women’s Co-Mentoring Relationships as Resistance to Marginalization at a PWI." Black Women’s Pedagogies & Praxes, edited by Olivia Perlow, Palgrave MacMillan, 2017, pp. 125–140.
Baldwin, Andrea and Olivia Smith. "The Future of Solar Water Heaters in Barbados: Market Expansion or Product Innovation?" Caribbean Competitiveness Through Global Value Chains: Selected Industry Case Studies for Caribbean Countries, edited by Indera Sagewan-Alli, University of the West Indies Press, 2016, pp. 151–166.
Baldwin, Andrea. "The Alienating and Creative Power of Love in Heterosexual Relationships: The Case of Barbados." Gender, Love and Intimacy, edited by Angie Knaggs and Silke Frischmuth, Inter-Disciplinary Press, 2014, pp. 101–112.
Baldwin, Andrea. "Caring for those we care about: The alienating power of love in Anglophone Caribbean middle class, heterosexual relationships." Doing Gender, Doing Love: Interdisciplinary Voices, edited by Serena Petrella, Inter-Disciplinary Press, 2014, pp. 123–149.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News