Ryan C. Briggs
- International Development
- African Politics
- Faculty Advisor to Undercurrent
- School of International Service, former Undergraduate Mentor
- Institute for Development Studies, University of Nairobi, former Affiliate Scholar
- International Studies Association
- African Studies Association
- Ph.D. American University
- B.Soc.Sci. University of Ottawa
Awards and Honors
Winner of the Hessel Yntema Prize for the best article in the American Journal of Comparative Law by authors under 40
Briggs (2018). Poor targeting: A gridded spatial analysis of the degree to which aid reaches the poor in Africa. World Development, 103, 133–148.
Briggs (2017). Does Foreign Aid Target the Poorest? International Organization. 71(1), pp 187–206.
Berinzon & Briggs (2016). Legal Families Without the Laws: The fading of colonial law in French West Africa. American Journal of Comparative Law, 64(2), pp 329–370.
Briggs & Weathers (2016). The Other White Man’s Burden? Gender & Location in African Politics Scholarship. African Affairs, 115(460), pp 466–489.
More information can be found at http://ryancbriggs.net.