Department of Human Development and Family Science
203 Grove Ln.
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-8958 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamela Teaster is a professor of human development and family science at Virginia Tech and director of the Virginia Tech Center for Gerontology.
Accepting new grad students:
In need of students for research team:
Name of research team:
- Elder and Vulnerable Adult Mistreatment
- Public and Private Guardianship
- Financial Exploitation of Older Adults
- End-of-Life Issues and Decision-Making
- Ethical Treatment of Human Rights Issues
- PhD, Public Administration and Public Affairs, Virginia Tech, 1997
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology, Virginia Tech, 1997
- MA, Speech and Theatre, The University of Tennessee at Knoxville, 1982
- BS, English Education (major), Speech and Theatre (minor), The University of Tennessee at Knoxville, 1980
- Secretary, International Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse
- Board of Trustees, Center for Guardianship Certification
- Pioneer Award for Public Guardianship, Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (2014)
- Fellow, Association for Gerontology in Higher Education
- Fellow, Gerontological Society of America
Teaster, P. B., Ramsey-Klawsnik, H., Abner, E. L., & Kim, S. (2015). The sexual victimization of older women living in nursing homes. Journal of Elder Abuse & Neglect, 1-18. DOI: 10.1080/08946566.2015.1082453.
Davis, T., Teaster, P. B., Thornton, A., Watkins, J. F., Alexander, L., & Zanjani, F. (2015). Primary Care Providers’ HIV Prevention Practices Among Older Adults. Journal of Applied Gerontology, DOI: 0733464815574093.
Roberto, K.A., Teaster, P.B., Mancini, J., Salva, T. (2015). A community capacity framework for enhancing criminal justice response to elder abuse. Journal of Crime and Justice. 38(1) 9-26.
Teaster, P.B., & O’Brien, J. G. (2014). The Elder Mistreatment of Overtreatment at End of Life. Public Policy & Aging Report, 24(3), 92-96. doi: 10.1093/ppar/pru025.
Rowles, G.D., & Teaster, P.B. (Eds.). (2016). Long-Term Care in an Aging Society: Theory and Practice. Springer Publishing Company.
- The Importance of The Values History for Public Guardianship. (P. Teaster, PI). The Borchard Center Foundation on Law and Aging. (2015-2016).
- Research and Recommendations on Restoration of Rights in Adult Guardianship. (E. Wood, PI, P.B. Teaster, Co-PI). Greenwall Foundation. (2015-2017).
- Assessing the Impact of Involuntary Relocation on Nursing Facility Residents. (Karen A. Roberto, PI; P. Teaster, Co-PI). Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. (2014-2015).
Select Media Mentions
How the Elderly Lose Their Rights
The New Yorker, 10/09/2017
- How the Elderly Lose Their Rights
Who’s Guarding Against the Guardians?
- Who’s Guarding Against the Guardians?
Why Guardianship Abuse Occurs
- Why Guardianship Abuse Occurs
Giles County ‘restorative justice’ aims to give a voice to victims of elder abuse
The Roanoke Times, 06/16/2017
- Giles County ‘restorative justice’ aims to give a voice to victims of elder abuse
Page 2 of 2 | 15 Results