Department of Human Development and Family Science
7054 Haycock Road
Falls Church, VA 22043
703-538-8469 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Marcie Boucouvalas is a professor of human development and family science at Virginia Tech.
- Consciusness Studies
- Transpersonal Orientation
- Ways of Knowing
- International Adult Education
- History of Lifelong Learning
- PhD, Florida State University
- EdM, Boston University
- BS, Boston State College (now University of Massachusetts - Boston)
- Program Director, National Capital Region, Virginia Tech
- Member of the International Adult and Continuing Education Hall of Fame
- Editor, Journal of Transpersonal Psychology
- Academy of Consciousness Studies, Princeton University, Fellow
- American Association for Adult and Continuing Education
- Senior Research Fulbright Fellowship, 2011-2012
- Inducted into the International Adult and Continuing Education Hall of Fame, 2003; Elected to Board of Directors, 2007 for a three year term (2008-2010), re-elected to serve a 2nd three year term (2011-2013).
- Inducted into Phi Beta Delta, Honor Society for International Scholars, 1998
Boucouvalas, M. (1988). Adult education in Greece. Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada: University of British Columbia and the International Council for Adult Education. (enlarged and updated 2nd edition in process: Lifelong Learning in Greece: Antiquity to modern times).
Boucouvalas, M., P. N. (2012). "Speaking Personally with Marcie Boucouvalas (Nancy Pyrini, Educational Advisor to Members of Parliament Athens, Greece)." American Journal of Distance Education, 26(3), 200-207.
Boucouvalas, M. (2009). "Re-visiting the concept of “self” in self-directed learning: Toward a more robust construct for research and practice in a global context." International Journal of Self-Directed Learning, 6(1), 1-10.
Boucouvalas, M. (2006). "On Dialogue: A global issue." International Journal of Knowledge, Culture, and Change Management, 5(11), 75-82.
Boucouvalas, M. (2005). "Forging the family of humankind through international adult education." Adult Learning,16(1 & 2), 17-19.
Boucouvalas, M., & Aderinoye, R. (Eds.) (2008). Education for millennium development. Ibadan, Nigeria: Spectrum Books.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News