Department of Human Development and Family Science
7054 Haycock Road
Blacksburg, VA 24061
703-538-8463 | email@example.com
Eric McCollum is a professor emeritus of human development and family science at Virginia Tech.
- Couples Therapy in Domestic Violence Treatment
- Mindfullness Mediation in Treatment and Training
- Couples Therapy in Cases Involving Drug Abuse
- PhD, Kansas State University
- MSW, University of Iowa
- BA, University of Iowa
- Program Director, Marriage and Family Therapy Program, National Capital Region
- Clinical Director, Marriage and Family Therapy Program, National Capital Region, 1992-2007
- Advisory Editor, Journal of Marital and Family Therapy
- Associate Editor, Journal of Family Psychotherapy
- Advisory Editor, Contemporary Family Therapy
- 2008 National Association for Marriage and Family Therapy Training Award
- 2007–2010 Appointed by Governor Tim Kaine to the Commonwealth of Virginia Board of Counseling for a 3-year term
Stith, S. M., McCollum, E. E., & Rosen, K. H. (2011). Couples therapy for domestic violence: Finding safe solutions. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
McCollum, E. E. & Trepper, T. S. (2001). Creating family solutions for substance abuse. New York: Haworth Press.
Horst, K., Mendez, M., Culver-Turner, R., Amanor-Boadu, Y., Minner, B., Cook, J., Stith, S. M., & McCollum, E. E. (2012). The importance of therapist/client ethnic/racial matching in couples treatment for domestic violence. Contemporary Family Therapy, 34, 57-71. doi: 10.1007/s10591-012-9174-x
Stith, S. M., Miller, M. L., Boyle, J., Swinton, J., Ratcliff, G. C., & McCollum, E. E. (in press). Making a difference in making miracles: Common snares in miracle question effectiveness. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy. Advance online publication. doi:10.1111/j.1752-0606.2010.00207.x
Madsen, C. A., Stith, S. M., Thomsen, C. J., & McCollum, E. E. (2012). Violent Couples Seeking Therapy: Bilateral and Unilateral Violence. Partner Abuse, 3, 43-58. doi:10.1891/1946-6522.214.171.124
McCollum, E. E., Stith, S. M., Miller, M. S., & Ratcliffe, G. D. (2011). Including a brief substance abuse motivational intervention in a couples treatment program for intimate partner violence. Journal of Family Psychotherapy, 22, 216–231. doi:10.1080/08975353.2011.602618
- Healthy Parenting Initiative, sponsored by USDA/CSREES and the Department of Defense, principal investigator K. Rosen. 10% participation. $1,380,000 (1999-2003).
- National Institute for Mental Health. "Systemic Treatment of Batterers in Intact Relationships." Co-investigator with Sandra M. Stith, (Principal Investigator) and K. Rosen. Funded for $299,897 in direct costs for 1997-1999. (NIMH Grant #MH54613- 02)
- Freddie Mac Foundation. "Family therapy for at-risk children and their families. Coinvestigator with Sandra Stith (Principal Investigator). Funded for $25,500 for 1996- 1997.
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News