- Siblings of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Family systems in families of individuals with disabilities
- Mutually-beneficial interventions
- Structural equation modeling
- Director, Disability Studies Minor
- Director, SibSaturdays, Vanderbilt University Kennedy Center
- American Psychological Association
- Ph.D. Vanderbilt University
- M.S. Vanderbilt University
- B.S. University of Notre Dame
Shivers, C.M., & Plavnick, J.B. (2015). Sibling involvement in interventions among families of children with autism spectrum disorder: A systematic review. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 45(3), 685-696.
Shivers, C. M., Deisenroth, L., & Taylor, J. L. (2013). Patterns and predictors of anxiety among siblings of children with autism spectrum disorders. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 43(6), 1336-46.
Taylor, J. L. & Shivers, C. (2011) Sibling relationship factors predictive of helping profession choice and volunteerism among adult siblings of individuals with mild intellectual deficits. American Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities,116(4). 263-277.
- Health and well-being among adult family members of individuals with autism spectrum disorder
- Stress among adolescent siblings of individuals with autism spectrum disorder
- Plans for future caregiving among high-school and college-aged siblings of individuals with disabilities
- Biomarkers of stress among siblings of individuals with autism spectrum disorder