- Cultural Rhetorics
- Asian American Rhetoric
- Information Design
- Computers and Writing
- Digital Rhetoric
- Co-Chair, CCCC Asian/Asian American Caucus
- Conference on College Composition and Communication
- Association for Teachers of Technical Writing
- Women in Technical Communication
- Rhetoric Society of America
- Ph.D. Michigan State University
- M.A. University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- B.A University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Awards and Honors
XCaliber Award for Exceptional Contributions to Technology-Enriched Teaching and Learning, 2015
Sano-Franchini, Jennifer. (2015). “Cultural Rhetorics and the Digital Humanities: Toward Cultural Reflexivity in Digital Making.” Rhetoric and the Digital Humanities. Eds. Jim Ridolfo and William Hart-Davidson. University of Chicago Press.
Sano-Franchini, Jennifer, Robyn Tasaka, and Lehua Ledbetter. (2014). “Toward a Reflexive Approach to Remix, or, What Hawai‘i Creole English and Tourism Can Teach Us About Copyright.” Cultures of Copyright: Contemporary Intellectual Property. Eds. Dànielle Nicole DeVoss and Martine Courant Rife. Peter Lang International Academic Publishers. 226-242.
Sano-Franchini, Jennifer, Donnie Sackey, and Stacey Pigg. (2011). “Methodological Dwellings: A Search for Feminisms in Rhetoric and Composition.” Present Tense: A Journal of Rhetoric in Society, 1(2), 1-9.
Sano-Franchini, Jennifer Lee. (2010). “Intellectual Property and the Cultures of BitTorrent Communities.” Computers and Composition: An International Journal, 27(3), 202-210.