- Creative Writing
- Technical Writing
- Association of Writers & Writing Programs (AWP)
- International Screenwriters’ Association (ISA)
- Professional Certificate, Filmmaking and Screenwriting. The New School, New York, New York.
- Ph.D. Coursework, English. Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- M.A., Literature and Religion of the Bible. Columbia University, New York, New York.
- M.A., English-Creative Writing. University of Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- B.A., English. Drury College, Springfield, Missouri.
Awards and Honors
- Finalist, Novel, A House of Dust, Writemovies.com Screenwriting Contest #37
- Finalist, Feature-Film Screenplay, A World of Lonely, 2014 Charleston International Film Festival
- Official Selection, Short-Film Screenplay, Smilin’ Away the Dreams, 2013 Richmond International Film Festival
- A Soul to Take, novel, Penguin, 1996
- Dust to Dust, novel, Putnam-Penguin, 1998
- With Evil Intent, novel, Putnam-Penguin 1999
- “Parable of the Sewer,” poem, Pushcart Nominee, Deep South Magazine, 2014
- “Texas, the Summer before Kennedy got Shot,” poem, Blaze-Vox14
- “Awake, Sleeper,” poem, The Copperfield Review, 2014