- Member of VT Faculty Senate
- Member, Virginia Association of Museums
- Certificate in Museum Management in-progress, Virginia Association of Museums
- Member of CLAHS Honors and Awards Committee
- Area Leader for the Apparel Program in AHRM
- 1988 The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio. Ph.D. Major: Textiles and Clothing; Double Minors: Higher Education Administration, Human Resource Management
- 1982 Ohio University, Athens, Ohio. M.S. Major: Textiles and Clothing; Minor: Business Management
- 1978 Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio. B.A. Major: Fashion Merchandising; Emphasis: Marketing
Awards and Honors
Alumni Association Excellence in International Outreach Award, Virginia Tech, 2014.
Excellence in International Initiatives Award, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, Virginia Tech, 2013.
Excellence in Outreach Award, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, Virginia Tech, 2010-11.
Gaskill, L. (2015). First Year Experience Educational Highlights. Presented at the 2015 Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy, Virginia Tech.
Gaskill, L. (2014). Economic Development and Sustainability in the Southern African Business Environment. Presented at the 2014 Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy, Virginia Tech.
Gaskill, L. (2013). Student Interpretations of Historic Costume Influences in Contemporary Dress and Design. Presented at the 2013 Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy, Virginia Tech.
Gaskill, L. (2013). Expanding Visual Learning Opportunities in Studies in Historic Costume. 2013 Key West International Academic Conference, The Clute Institute, Key West Floriday.