Jung Eun Lee
Department of Apparel, Housing, and Resource Management
109 Wallace Hall
295 West Campus Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-6177 | email@example.com
Jung Eun Lee is an associate professor of apparel at the Department of Apparel, Housing, and Resource Management.
- Product Development
- Fashion Illustration
- Computer-Aided Design
- Flat Pattern Making
- Fashion design, advertising, promotion, visual communication, social media, and luxury fashion
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University, Consumer Sciences, Fashion and Retail Studies, 2013
- M.S., Polymer and Fiber Engineering, Hanyang University, 2008
- B.S., Clothing and Textiles, Hanyang University, 2006
- Member, International Textile and Apparel Assocation (ITAA)
- Member, American Collegiate Retailing Association (ACRA)
- Member, Costume Society of America (CSA)
- Joint Premier Award (L’Oréal Professorship in Creativity Marketing Award, Beauty & Marketing Track), Global Fashion Management Conference (GFMC), Tokyo, Japan, 2018.
- Recognition of Teaching Excellence, Center of Excellence in Teaching and Learning, Virginia Tech, 2018
- Paper of Distinction (Consumer Behavior Track), 2017 International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA) Annual Conference, St. Petersburg, FL, 2017.
- Best Paper Award, The European Association for Education and Research in Commercial Distribution (EAERCD) Conference, Dublin, Ireland, 2017
- Lee, Jung Eun. (November, 2012). The effect of tensile price claim and price discount disconfirmation on online customers’ perceptions and purchase intentions. Graduate Research Awards for Dissertation Research, Department of Consumer Sciences, The Ohio State University. ($1,000)
- Dissertation Fellowship, The Ohio State University, 2012 - 2013
- Teaching Associateship, The Ohio State University, 2009 - 2012
Lee, Jung Eun. “Plausible Versus Implausible Tensile Price Claim: Selective Accessibility Model Approach.” Psychology & Marketing, vol. 36, no. 1, 2019, pp. 57–71.
Hur, Songyee, et al. "Fair Trade Website Content: Effects of Information Type and Emotional Appeal Type.” Journal of Marketing Communication, 2014. doi: 10.1080/13527266.2018.1511626.
Lee, Jung Eun, and Jessie Chen-Yu. “Effects of Price Discount on Consumers' Perceptions of Savings, Quality, and Value for Apparel Products: Mediating Effect of Price Discount Affect.” Fashion and Textiles, vol. 5, no. 13, 2018. doi: 10.1186/s40691-018-0128-2.
Lee, Jung Eun, et al. “Visual Communication of Luxury Brands on Social Media: Effects of Visual Complexity and Brand Familiarity.” Journal of Brand Management, vol. 25, no. 5, 2018, pp. 449–462.
Kim, Pielah, et al. “Global Retailers and Logalization: ‘Thinking Locally and Acting Globally’.” International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research, vol. 27, no. 5, 2017, pp. 468–484. doi: 10.1080/09593969.2017.1383291.
Lee, Jung Eun, and Leslie Stoel. “An Unintended Consequence of Exaggerated Maximum-Discount Tensile Price Claims.” Journal of Product & Brand Management, vol. 25, no. 7, 2016, pp. 700–709.
Lee, Jung Eun, and Brandi Watkins. “YouTube Vloggers' Influence on Consumer Luxury Brand Perceptions and Intentions.” Journal of Business Research, vol. 69, no. 12, 2016, pp. 5753–5760. doi: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2016.04.171.
Lee, Jung Eun, and Leslie Stoel. “High Versus Low Online Price Discounts: Effects on Customers' Perception of Risks.” Journal of Product & Brand Management, vol. 23, no. 6, 2014, pp. 401–412.
Lee, Jung Eun and K.-H. Lee. “Role of Risk-Reduction Activities in E-Shopping of Fashion Products.” The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, vol. 21, no. 1, 2013, pp. 129–138.
Lee, Jung Eun, et al. “Store Attributes as Detriments of Store Loyalty: Moderating Effect of Rural Versus Urban Apparel Shoppers.” The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, vol. 20, no. 1, 2012, pp. 99–110.
Lee, Jung Eun, and K.-H. Lee. “Purchase Motives, Use of Information Sources, and Decision Making Styles of Online Clothing Shoppers.” Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, vol. 33, no. 6, 2009, pp. 880–892.
Juried Design Exhibitions
Lee, Jung Eun. "Into the Fold", The Costume Society of America’s 44th Annual Meeting and Symposium, Williamsburg, VA (March 13–16, 2018).
Lee, Jung Eun. "T-shirt resurgence", The 2017 International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA) Annual Meeting, St. Petersburg, FL, (November 14–18, 2017).
Lee, Jung Eun. "Origami Blossom", The 2015 International Textile and Apparel Association (ITAA) Annual Meeting, Santa Fe, NM, (November 10-13, 2015) and the Costume Society of America’s 43rd Annual Meeting and Symposium, Portland, ME (May 29-June 4, 2017).
Lee, Jung Eun, and C. Murphy. "The Hive", the 2015 ITAA Annual Meeting, Santa Fe, NM, (November 10-13, 2015) and the Costume Society of America’s 43rd Annual Meeting and Symposium, Portland, ME (May 29-June 4, 2017).
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News