Dustin C. Read
- Housing affordability
- Land use regulations
- Local economic development
- Public-private real estate partnerships
- Property and asset management
- NAIOP Education Committee
- IREM Education Committee
- American Real Estate Society
- Urban Affairs Association
- Housing Educators Research Association
- Ph.D., UNC Charlotte
- J.D., University of Missouri
- M.A., University of Florida
- B.S., Truman State University
Awards and Honors
William and Mary Alice Park, Jr. Faculty Fellowship
Read, D.C., & Leland, S. (2015). A gendered perspective on local economic development: Differences in the perceived importance of public services in the business recruitment process. Administration & Society. Advance online publication. doi:10.1177/0095399715616837
Hughen, W.K., & Read, D.C. (2014). Inclusionary housing policies, stigma effects and strategic production decisions. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 48(4), 589-610.
Zillante, A., Schwarz, P., & Read, D.C. (2014). Land aggregation using contingent and guaranteed payments. Southern Economic Journal, 80(3), 702-727.
Heberlig, E., Leland, S. & Read, D.C. (2014) Local politics, organized interests and land use policy: A research note analyzing the perceptions of urban planners working in city government. Urban Affairs Review, 50(6), 890-903.
NAIOP Foundation, 2015. “Best practices in the planning and development of innovation districts.”
Institute for Real Estate Management, 2015. “Fee management in a time of change.”