There's something for everyone in Army ROTC. Whether you are interested in being a Ranger, going to Airborne School, studying a foreign language abroad, or honing your tactical skills, our organizations, regular military training, and competitions will keep you in the know and on top of your game.
- U.S. Army Airborne School;
- U.S. Army Air Assault School;
- U.S. Army Mountain Warfare School;
- Cadet Command Leadership Training Course;
- JFK Special Warfare Internship Program;
- Foreign Officer Exchange: United Kingdom University Officer Training Corps;
Tactical training is conducted each semester at Radford Arsenal and Ammunition Plant or in nearby wilderness areas. Some of the skills acquired include:
- Land navigation
- Field Leaders Reaction Course
- Small Unit Tactics
- Troop Leading Procedures and Training Management
Each fall, cadets have the opportunity to go to the range and qualify with M16-A2 rifles, learning safety procedures, correct firing techniques, and more.
The special domain of the Ranger Company, all cadets have a chance to try the challenging obstacle course at some point during their time at Virginia Tech. The O-Course will test your physical abilities to the limit as you race against the clock to overcome each challenge.
Each spring, sophomore, junior, and senior cadets have the opportunity to tap Ranger Company, an elite group of cadets sponsored by Army ROTC with special opportunities and privileges.