CLAHS Faculty and Staff Recognized with 2022-2023 Awards
May 1, 2023
The College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences recognized the following faculty and staff members with 2022-2023 awards in advising, teaching, diversity, outreach, research and creative scholarship, and employee excellence:
- Amy Price Azano, School of Education, Maaz Gardezi, Department of Sociology, and Caroline Hornburg, Department of Human Development and Family Science, received Excellence in Research and Creative Scholarship Awards.
- An Excellence in Advising Award was presented to Carolyn Ballard, Human Development and Family Science, Annie Hesp, Department of Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures, and Ashley Shew, Department of Science, Technology, and Society.
- Diversity Award winners were Edward Polanco, Department of History, and Suchitra Samanta, Sociology.
- Excellence in Outreach and International Initiatives Award recipients were Sweta Baniya, Department of English, and James Hawdon, Sociology and Director of the Center for Peace Studies and Violence Prevention.
- Certificate of Teaching Excellence recipients were: Amaryah Armstrong, Department of Religion and Culture, Thomas Dearden, Sociology, Ingrid Johnson, English, Cora Olson, Science, Technology, and Society, William Taggart, Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures, and Megan Weaver, English.
- Matthew Fullen, School of Education, was the recipient of the Land Grant Scholar Award.
- The Staff Employee of the Year Award was presented to Paul Overfelt, Computer Support Technician in the School of Education.
The recognition ceremony took place via Zoom on March 29 and featured Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Research Tom Ewing as emcee and Azano, Dearden, and Samanta as speakers. A reception for the awardees took place in April.