Department of Human Development and Family Science
7054 Haycock Rd.
Falls Church, VA 22043
703-538-3787 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Jackson is an assistant professor of human development and family science for Virginia Tech.
Accepting new grad students: Yes
In need of students for research team: Yes
Name of research team: Empirically Supported MFT Treatments Lab
- Relationship Quality and Stability
- Clinical Outcome Research
- Ambiguous Loss
- Ph.D. Brigham Young University
- M.S. University of Maryland
- B.S. Brigham Young University
- Clinical Fellow & Approved Supervisor, American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy
- Associate Board Member, RELATE Institute
- National Council on Family Relations
- Student Government Association Outstanding Faculty Award (2012). California School of Professional Psychology, Alliant International University.
- National Outstanding New Professional Paper Award, Family Therapy Section, National Council on Family Relations (2010) for the paper entitled, Premarital predictors of marital relationship quality and stability: A meta-analytic study of couple factors.
- National Annual Award for Outstanding Dissertation, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2010) for the dissertation entitled, Premarital predictors of marital relationship quality and stability: A meta-analytic study of couple factors.
Falconier, M., Jackson, J. B., Hilpert, P., & Bodenmann, G. (2015). Dyadic coping and relationship satisfaction: A meta-analysis. Clinical Psychology Review, 42, 28-46. doi:10.1016/j.cpr.2015.07.002.
Jackson, J. B., & Roper, S. O. (2014). Parental adaptation to out-of-home placement of children with severe or profound developmental disabilities. American Journal on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 119, 203-219. doi: 10.1352/1944-7558-119.3.203
Jackson, J. B., Miller, R. B., Oka, M., & Henry, R. G. (2014). Gender differences in marital satisfaction: A meta-analysis. Journal of Marriage and Family, 76, 105-129. doi:10.1111/jomf.12077
Larson, J. H., Blick, R. W., Jackson, J. B., & Holman, T. B. (2010). Partner traits that predict relationship satisfaction for neurotic individuals in premarital relationships. Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy, 36, 430-444. doi: 10.1080/0092623X.2010.510778
Daneshpour, M., & Jackson, J. B. (2015). Standard I: Responsibility to clients. In B. E. Caldwell and A. Reeves (Eds.), User’s guide to the AAMFT code of ethics. Alexandria, VA: American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Obsessive Compulsive
- Pervasive Developmental
- Posttraumatic Stress
- Reactive Attachment
- Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Desire & Aversion
- Substance Abuse
Family & Couple Related
- Disability/ Chronic Illness
- Divorce & Remarriage
- Domestic Violence
- Grief & Loss
- Infidelity & Affairs
- Marital Distress
- Marriage Enrichment
- Marriage Preparation
- Academic Performance
- Behavior Problems
- Body Image
- Child-Parent Reconnection
- Emotional Dysregulation
- Social Skills Training
Select Media Mentions
Recent Academic News