Department of Human Development and Family Science
295 West Campus Dr.
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-5434 | email@example.com
Carolyn Shivers is an assistant professor of human development and family science at Virginia Tech.
Accepting new grad students: Yes
In need of students for research team: Yes
Name of research team: SibLab
- Siblings of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Family systems in families of individuals with disabilities
- Mutually-beneficial interventions
- Structural equation modeling
- Ph.D. Vanderbilt University
- M.S. Vanderbilt University
- B.S. University of Notre Dame
- Director, Disability Studies Minor
- Director, SibSaturdays, Vanderbilt University Kennedy Center
- American Psychological Association
Shivers, C.M., & Plavnick, J.B. (2015). Sibling involvement in interventions among families of children with autism spectrum disorder: A systematic review. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 45(3), 685-696.
Shivers, C. M., Deisenroth, L., & Taylor, J. L. (2013). Patterns and predictors of anxiety among siblings of children with autism spectrum disorders. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 43(6), 1336-46.
Taylor, J. L. & Shivers, C. (2011) Sibling relationship factors predictive of helping profession choice and volunteerism among adult siblings of individuals with mild intellectual deficits. American Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities,116(4). 263-277.
Select Media Mentions