Doris H. Kincade
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina
- M.S.H.E., East Carolina University
- B.S., East Carolina University
- Member of the Executive Board of Directors, Korean Academy of Marketing Society
- Editorial Review Board Member, Journal of Fashion and Marketing Management
- Editorial Review Board Member, International Journal of Costume and Fashion
- International Textile and Apparel Association, former Board Member
- American Collegiate Retailing Association
Thank a Teacher Note. January 27, 2022. The Center for Excellent in Teaching & Learning. Virginia Tech.
Readership report from Iowa State Digital Repository: In 2022, 50% were downloads by industry. The most recent downloads were for the abstract on “Service Learning on College Campuses.”
“Outstanding Remote Teaching,” nominated by students, 2021, sponsored by TLOS, Virginia Tech.
Readership report from Iowa State Digital Repository: In 2021, an average of 30 downloads per month from research placed in International Textiles and Apparel Association venues.
Ranked 18th among Top 30 Clothing and Textiles researchers as per Hyun, Han, Leslie (2016) Clothing and Textiles Research Journal article
Top 10 Recommended Industry Reading: Clothing and Textiles Research Journal (2016)
Global Who's Who, Marquis Who's Who. (January 2015)
Top 10 Articles (Download Figure), International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management. (December 2015).
Recognition of Research, American Collegiate Retailing Association, 2013
Recognition of Research, Korean Marketing Scholars, 2012
Excellence in Research and Creative Scholarship Award, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, Virginia Tech, 2012
- Kim, J., and Kincade, Doris H. 2012. Examination of Cotton Usage through a Review of Careers for Apparel Option Alumni: Speaker Series. Sponsored by Cotton Incorporated, $42,000. (Co-I: 40%), (Note: Grant was funded but not accepted due to Dr. Kim’s resignation from the university during funding period.)
- Kim, J., and Kincade, Doris H. 2011. Academic Assessment in the Apparel Product Development and Merchandising Curriculum, Assessment Dissemination Grant, Office of Assessment & Evaluation, Virginia Tech, $1,400. (Co-PI: 50%) (Note: This grant follows a 2010 award from the Office of Assessment for data collection.)
- Kim, J., and Kincade, Doris H. 2010. Core Competency Assessment Grant. 6 months duration, Source: Office of Academic Assessment, VT, $2,000. (CoPI: 50%)
Kincade, D. H., & Gibson, F. Y. (2010). Merchandising of Fashion Products, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson/Prentice Hall. 650 pages.
Kincade, D. H. (2008). Sewn product quality: A management perspective, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
Kincade, D., Gibson, F., and Woodard, G. (2004). Merchandising mathematics: A managerial approach. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Kincade, D. H., Solis, O. J., & Turner, W. D. (2022). You Want Your Students to DoService-Learning Where? On-Campus Options for Fashion Merchandising and Consumer Studies Students. Journal of Human Sciences and Extension, 10(3), 9. DOI: https://doi.org/10.55533/2325-5226.1433
- Kincade, D. H., & Dull, E. H. (2022). 3 T's + Thresholds and Transformation. Thresholds 50: Before // After.
- Kincade, D. H., & Annett-Hitchcock, K. E. (2021). A retrospect on the US apparel industry: Expert predictions and reality data. Research Journal of Textile and Apparel, 25(4), 396-413. https://doi.org/10.1108/RJTA-11-2020-0130 Kincade, D. H., Turner, W. D., Solis, O., & Dull, E. H. (2018). Assessing millennials in college-level fashion design studios: A study in evidence-based practice. The International Journal of Art & Design Education. https://doi.org/ 10.1111/jade.12167.
- Bhang, Y., Kincade, D. H., & Rogers, F. T. (2018). Assortment planning for retail buying, retail store operations, and firm performance. Journal of Distribution Science, 16(8), 15-27.
- Kincade, D. H., & Dull, E. H. (2017). Two hundred years of textile factories in the U.S. South: Assessment of architecture for vernacular impact and technology change. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 35(3), 172-186.
- Yang, J.-H., Kincade, D. H., Chen-Yu, H. (2015). Types of apparel mass-customization and levels of modularity and variety. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 33(3), 199-212.
- Kincade, Doris H., et al. (2013), “An Empirical Investigation of Apparel Production Systems and Product Line Groups Through the Use of Collar