News2Note Guidelines and Upcoming Deadlines
January 7, 2021
News2Note, the academic newsletter of the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences, is published monthly during the academic year by Debra Stoudt, associate dean for academic policies and procedures. Individual entries are also captured in the Academic News section of the college’s website.
The remaining submission deadlines for 2020–21 are:
February 2021 issue deadline: Wednesday, January 27
March 2021 issue deadline: Wednesday, February 24
April 2021 issue deadline: Monday, March 29
May 2021 issue deadline: Monday, May 10
For faculty, staff, and departments, schools, and programs in general, the following items are being solicited:
- Publications when published. Please include page numbers for article and chapters. To avoid repetition and to provide a complete reference, pre-publications online will not be announced; rather, the publication will be noted when the print version appears.
- Conference presentations with current Virginia Tech students
- Keynote or plenary presentations only, not invited speakers in general
- Awards, grants, honors, and other accomplishments of note.*
For current students:
- Conference presentations (papers or posters) and publications, either accepted or published
- Awards, grants, honors, and other accomplishments of note*
*“Of note” is left to the discretion of the submitter and of the News2Note editorial staff.
If the item includes names of individuals not in your unit, please identify them. Please also identify the status of all Virginia Tech individuals named, including faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduates.
Submissions and questions should be sent to Debra Stoudt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted by Debra Stoudt, Associate Dean for Academic Policies and Procedures and Editor of News2Note