337 Major Williams Hall
220 Stanger St.
Blacksburg, VA 24061
National Academic Advising Association Award for Faculty Academic Advising
Alumni Award for Excellence in International Education
Wine Award for Excellence in Teaching
The Shield of Achilles and the Poetics of Ecphrasis (Greek Studies: Interdisciplinary Approaches, Rowman & Littlefield, 1995)
"What’s Latin about Latin Versification or Why Asclepiads Aren’t Boring: A Case Study of Accent and Meter in Horatian Lyric." Forthcoming in American Journal of Philology (55 pp. in ms.)
“Rhythm in a Sinuous Stanza: The Anatomy and Acoustic Contour of the Latin Alcaic.” American Journal of Philology 133.1 (2012) 117-152.
“Listening to Lyric: Accent and Ictus in the Latin Sapphic Stanza.’ Classical World 103 (2010) 159-182.
"Non oculis sed auribus: the Ancient Schoolroom and Learning to Hear the Latin Hexameter." The Classical Journal 99 (2004) 313-322
· Alumni Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Advising, Virginia Tech, 2013
· College of Liberal Arts & Human Sciences Award for Excellence in International Initiatives, 2013
· College of Liberal Arts & Human Sciences Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Advising, 2011
· L.W. Todd Teacher of the Year Award, Classical Association of Virginia, 2007
· E. S. Diggs Teaching Scholar Award 2003
· Chair, Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, 2003-2006
· Additional Articles on Homer, Vergil, Plato, ecphrasis
· Smithsonian Expert, Smithsonian Tours—Italy