Personal Statement Guidelines
Applicants are asked to provide a 1 - 2 page, double-spaced personal statement which includes the following:
- Why do you want to undertake graduate work?
- Why do you qualify to pursue a graduate degree at Virginia Tech?
- What do you expect to derive from your program of study?
- If you have a concentration or area of interest in mind, briefly outline your interests in this area.
- What do you expect to contribute as a student and subsequently as a member of the profession?
- If you have not previously indicated in your application the names of faculty members you are interested in working with, please include that information in this statement.